How can it be March already? My to do list was longer than my month. I did get a few things done on my February Goals list. I will hopefully get a little more done this month. I had my last physical therapy session yesterday. Going out twice a week for that took away from my sewing time some but I can now go up a flight of stairs but I haven't yet got the confidence to go down. That movement is still a little jerky. I go up and down 1 or 2 steps O.K. but I am not ready to go down a dozen by myself yet. Did I mention the steps in my house are 7 3/4" high. That's like the max of building code I think. I have loaded a small quilt on my longarm so I'll find out how that movement goes next week.
Another reason my quilting output for the month was down is because of all the rain we've had. I'm blaming the lack of sunshine for a major reading binge. Hey, it's better than some other vices. I'll share some of the better prose I went through soon. Needless to say with all the clouds and rain I wanted something bright and cheery. Look what I picked up at the grocery store last week.
When I got them they weren't open. I didn't have a clue about what color they would be. The ones that were beside them were royal blue. I thought these might be purple. I was surprised with pink. The house was filled with their delightful aroma for a few days. By the end of the week they were past their prime.
|Sunshine made them glow.|
My husband has planted them in the yard now. Hopefully they will grow and be beautiful again next year.
Back to my goals for the month of February. Here where my goals and progress for the month:
- Blog Hop Quilt for It's all about me - DONE
- Bind a Bed sized Mystery Quilt - QUILT TRIMMED, BINDING SEWN ON, NEEDS HANDSTITCHING DOWN
- Get Borders on a Kid's Quilt - NO PROGRESS
- Finish Sewing Orange and Blue Tumbler Top Together - STILL ON THE DESIGN WALL
- Flannel Baby Blanket - ALMOST COMPLETED
|Ready for hand stitching|
Goals for March:
- Hand stitch binding on Mystery Quilt
- Get Borders on Kid's Quilt
- Finish Orange and Blue Tumbler Top
- Quilt small Charity quilt on Longarm to see how knee holds up to the movement
- Finish Baby Blanket - do a tutorial for blog on the technique
- Get started on quilt for new grandson coming in May
|Possibly a baby quilt|
|I have a lot of plaids to use|
I also have some other blog posts I've been trying to get pictures for. They are coming along slowly. Today I went to a quilt show and found a few new goodies. I'll share them soon.
These are two of the quilts I liked. Apparently the judges did too.
The BIG NEWS for the day is to announce the WINNER of my GIVEAWAY. The random number generator picked number 112. Congratulations Suze! You will being getting a pack of Thangles.